WE Care & Repair exists to help homeowners and private tenants over the age of 60 or any age if disabled. Our services are available in B&NES, Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire.
Our support extends all the way from completing minor repairs, such as repairing a leaking tap, through to help when you leave hospital or advice on adapting your home.
Want to see how else we can help health and care professionals?
We can help you with free training and can help your clients with issues such as telecare, fuel poverty and daily living solutions.
Our Home from Hospital service facilitates a timely discharge by helping patients to return to a home which is safe, suitable and warm.
We can also carry out free home safety checks and arrange for work to be done when the patient is home, with the aim of reducing the risk of readmission.
We can take referrals at any point in the patient journey, but the sooner you get in touch with us the better. Do contact us as soon as you become aware that work to the home may be needed for discharge or to reduce the risk of readmission. Typically, we respond to referrals on a same-day basis.
Our service includes:
- Home safety checks to identify safety hazards including trip and falls risks, health risks, lack of necessary facilities and evidence of fuel poverty.
- Rapid sourcing of funds for necessary cleaning and clearance, repairs and adaptations identified from home visits/discharge plans.
- Co-ordination of trusted tradespeople who are geared up to carry out repairs and adaptations on an urgent basis, for hospital discharge.
- In-house handyperson team to carry out minor adaptations, to include grab-rails, mop-stick rails, key-safes, telecare and minor works to remove clutter and fall and trip hazards – typically completed within 2 working days.
- One-to-one casework from our trusted assessor trained case managers – including information and advice relating specifically to independent living.
- Signposting and referral of service users to other statutory, voluntary and charitable agencies for additional and ongoing support and assessment. We link up with Accessible Homes (Bristol City Council) and the Housing Team (Bath & North East Somerset Council), referring for assessments for DFGs.
Referrals can be made via healthcare professionals and hospitals, but we also accept self-referrals and referrals from family members.
The hospitals we support in the Bristol area are the Bristol Royal Infirmary, Southmead Hospital and South Bristol Community Hospital. In Bath & North East Somerset, we support Royal United Hospitals, St. Martin’s, Paulton Community Hospital and Royal National Hospital For Rheumatic Diseases, where the service is funded by BANES Housing Standards and Improvements Department.
To refer a client for a deep clean or clearance, please complete the form below.
We process your personal data in accordance with GDPR as described in our Privacy Statement
For more information about our Home from Hospital Service or training for your team, please contact our case managers who will be happy to help:
Ian Trigg – Project Manager (Bristol)
Mob. 07507 869359
Dawn Kelly – Project Manager (Bristol)
Mob. 07971 951 347
Jos Clark – Project Manager (B&NES)
Mob. 07436 102677