We value the individual skills and experiences that volunteers bring to our organisation. That’s why we’re always looking out for opportunities for our volunteers to shine. Our volunteers tell us that volunteering for us is an exciting, rewarding and enjoyable experience.
What our volunteers say
“I enjoy volunteering with We Care. I love meeting different people, helping them with their queries and pointing them in the right direction. It’s great knowing that the clients are satisfied.
I decided to become a volunteer after the prompt response I got from We Care when my patio door lock got broken. The work men were spot on, cheerful and hardworking. And within two days my new patio door was in. I was very impressed!
When I was asked if I would like to become a volunteer I was not sure how I would manage. But I have and I’ve been volunteering with them ever since!”
“Working as a volunteer with We Care has ticked all the boxes for me. I knew I would shortly be retiring, having worked for over forty years. I was looking for something that would enable me to use the experience I had gained during my working life. And, if I am honest, I needed help with this period of transition.
It has been really great working closely with the other volunteers and colleagues. Everyone is really open to new ideas. We all listen to one another. And knowing that we will have helped to improve someone’s life makes it all worthwhile.”
“We Care helped me and I wanted to try and give something back. So when I received the feedback form I ticked the “I want to volunteer” checkbox. I did that with no hope of a reply. My self-esteem was a little low at the time. I felt nobody wanted me. I’d applied before to some other places and received no reply. I think they prefer younger people.
“When I received a call from the volunteers coordinator asking me to come for an interview it was a real boost for me! Although I am old and disabled I still have brains and a voice. I like talking to people – especially when they are in the same boat as me. So talking to people about the work We Care can do was a positive experience and I am very grateful.”
Come and volunteer with us
- Volunteer in a flexible way that suits you and your lifestyle.
- You can make a huge difference to your local community.
- You’ll be enabling people to make informed decisions about their home and housing-related issues.
- Develop essential skills to enhance your CV and improve employability.
- Receive regular supervision and support together with access to ongoing training.
- Inform decision making around volunteer opportunities and be involved in volunteer recruitment and training.
- Become a valued part of our friendly team, be involved in social meetings and activities and be offered free tea, coffee & often cake!
- Reimbursement of travel expenses.
What we need from you
To volunteer with us you must be:
- Passionate about positively representing the organisation.
- Willing to undertake training, attend volunteer meetings and supervisions.
- Committed to adhering to our policies surrounding safeguarding, professional boundaries, confidentiality, data protection and any policies that are highlighted as being necessary to carry out your voluntary role.
- Prepared to complete an application form and attend an informal interview.
- Happy to share two references and complete a DBS check if required depending on the voluntary role.
We encourage applications from anyone, aged 18+, with a passion for making a difference. You will ideally have experience of having housing repairs, adaptations or moving house. We particularly welcome applications from people aged 50+, from BAME communities and people.
To find out more and how you can volunteer with us, visit Jobs and volunteering and see what roles are available.