This is an exciting new role which has been developed to support the Casework teams across We Care Home Improvements to deliver its core work. The role of a Caseworker is to co-ordinate cases providing information, advice and options to clients of We Care Home Improvements in order to allow them to make informed decisions regarding their housing related issue (repairs/adaptations/alternative accommodation).
For people on low incomes, Caseworkers fundraise money by applying for grants to pay for essential work. The role of a Casework support volunteer is to compliment this work by supporting Caseworkers to achieve our aim for people to live comfortably and independently at home for as long as they choose, enabling them to enjoy their lives in the surroundings they love.
What will you be doing and how often?
- Visit clients to gather essential details (personal information, medical history and their financial situation) to complete funding applications
- Work in liaison with the Caseworker who will use the information gathered complete the funding bid
- The role involves lone working on a 1-2-1 basis in a client’s home
- We are looking for committed individuals who can offer 4 hours once a week for a period of three weeks per client in order to complete the information gathering
- The locations of the visits vary as we support clients across Bath & North East Somerset, Bristol, North Somerset or South Gloucestershire.
- A passion for supporting vulnerable people
- A warm, empathetic and non-judgemental communication style
- The ability to accurately and concisely document information, have access to email and demonstrate basic computer skills
- Have a good telephone manner
- Ability to listen well and be patient and reliable
- Have confidence to support people on a one to one basis and work autonomously
- Preferably have access to a car or a willingness to travel on public transport.
DBS check: Due to the nature of the role you will need to have completed an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check including a check of the DBS barred list before supporting a client.
How to apply