This opportunity is ideal for individuals who enjoy meeting members of the public and like to make people feel welcome. This role involves greeting customers and clients who visit our Home Independence Centre in Bristol. You may also be trained to give a tour of the centre if this is of interest to you. This volunteer opportunity is fundamental in helping to make members of the public feel welcome and valued; raising the profile and positively representing the reputation of the organisation.
What will you be doing and how often?
- Greet customers and clients who visit the Occupational Therapists; offering a drink and making them feel welcome
- Cover the reception desk for half an hour over the lunch period on Mondays and Wednesdays
- Show customers around the Home Independence Centre if Centre Coordinators are supporting other customers
- Assist the Centre Coordinators with small administration tasks
- The role will be based in the Home Independence Centre in Bristol
- We are looking for flexible individuals who are prepared to commit up to six hours once a week.
- A passion for interacting with members of the public
- Be organised and reliable
- Good attention to detail, ability to work autonomously and efficiently
- Confidence to be proactive and use initiative
- Good IT skills including using word processing programmes, emails and the internet
- Ability to listen well.
DBS check: Due to the nature of the role you will need to have completed an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check before commencing in the role.
How to apply