designed with your future in mind
We Care are the only Bristol-based accessible bathrooms provider with an in-house Occupational Therapist who can provide you with a personal assessment.
We believe that accessible bathrooms should be stylish as well as practical. We have a huge range of modern fixtures and fittings for you to choose from. Whether you need to replace a bath with a walk-in shower, a wet room or another change to your bathroom to make your life easier, we are here to help.
We will design your bathroom to a high standard to suit your personal needs and look to futureproof it. What that means is that your needs, now and in the future, are at the heart of the design. You may be able to manage a step up into the shower now, but will you be able to in the next 2, 5 or 10 years? Don’t worry – we’ll take care of it for you.
Walk-in showers are now seen as practical additions to the home for people of all ages and mobility levels
We have a range of specialist features we can fit to tailor your bathroom to your personal needs. These include:
- Wash dry toilets – incorporating a toilet, bidet and dryer in one unit. They can increase a person’s ability to toilet themselves independently and reduce or remove the need for a carer to assist.
- Sensor operated infra-red taps and toilet flushes – for people that have difficulty reaching or gripping conventional taps and flushes.
- Wall-mounted folding shower seats – enables someone to sit while taking a shower.
- Grab rails – well positioned grab rails in the bathroom can increase safety, confidence and independence.
- Concave basins – ergonomically designed for wheelchair, walking frame or perching stool users to allow closer access to the basin and taps.
How we work
We work directly with trusted tradespeople and make sure everything happens on schedule. We even handle all the finances, ensuring the plumbers and bathroom fitters are only paid when you are completely satisfied with the finished work.
We provide you with a dedicated project manager who will manage the entire process from start to finish and you will receive a personalised plan so you know what is happening and when.
Trading Standards approved and with over 30 years’ experience, you can rely on our award-winning team to make your bathroom modifications stress-free, leaving you with a new bathroom and a new lease of life.
Any health or mobility concerns?
We have experience in designing and installing bathrooms for people living with a range of health and mobility concerns, including dementia, Parkinson’s disease, neuromuscular disease, arthritis, stroke, visual impairments or reduced mobility.
We will offer you the option of an assessment by our occupational therapist. If you decide to go ahead, they will visit you at home to give you or your loved ones personal advice for your specific health needs, and work alongside our technical team to make sure your new bathroom really does what it needs to do.
Got something else in mind?
We can help you explore alternative options. Are you looking for non-standard fixtures and fittings? Perhaps even adapting another room in the house, or building an extension for a new ground floor bathroom? Ask us, we’ll be happy to help you realise your dream bathroom.
Did you know?
Adapting your bathroom can:
- improve your independence
- prevent you from having a fall
- increase your quality of life
- keep you in your own home for longer
- Call us on 0300 323 0700 for a no-obligation chat with our team to find out how we can help you. We are open Monday to Friday, from 8am to 5pm.
- Or request a call back and we can get in touch with you.
See for yourself what an adapted bathroom looks like
Visit our Home Independence Centre in Bristol to see a range of adapted bathrooms and wetroom. You’ll find products designed to make your life easier, like shower seats, grab rails, easy-to-use showers, slip-resistant flooring and easy-to-clean wall panels (an alternative to tiles).
You can book an appointment to visit the centre by contacting the team on 0300 323 0700, or by completing our Contact Form here.
We always recommend speaking to your local council to see if you’re eligible for a Disabled Facilities Grant (DFG) before contacting us. If you’re not eligible for a DFG, you might think about applying for a council funded loan. The loan scheme is managed by Lendology CIC, a not-for-profit Social Enterprise. It’s open to homeowners living in the Bristol and Bath & North East Somerset areas. For more information, call Lendology CIC on 01823 461099, visit www.lendology.org.uk or ask us for more information.
We’re approved by Trading Standards and all our labour comes with a 24 month warranty.